16 He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.
(51. Thank you, Lord for the changing seasons! 52. Thank you for the crisp note in the air this morning. 53. Thank you that you tilted the world at just the perfect angle, so that there would be variety in the seasons and climates around the earth. You knew how much it would matter to us!)
17 He hurls down his hail like pebbles.
Who can withstand his icy blast?
(54. Thank you for the enormous hail storm that we had two summers ago, that reminded us of your power and also of how blessed we are not to have weather like that frequently! 55. Thank you that the storm, which upended trees and caused flooding, passed over our house. 56. Thank you that it also brought out neighbors and friends, who showed your love by helping each other. 57. Thank you that the hail storm we had this summer did not damage homes or gardens.)
18 He sends his word and melts them;
he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.
(58. Thank you that while one moment we may be standing in hailstones piled inches deep, you send the sun to melt them and the rest of the day is gentle and sweet. 59. Thank you for the refreshing breeze that blows relief on a hot day, and on Autumn mornings speaks of cool weather to come. 60. Thank you for the water that flows through our valley, for the rivers that rage in the Spring and wane in the Fall.)
19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
(61. Thank you for your word, that we have a guide to go by. 62. Thank you for caring so much about us, you sent us laws to protect us…from the natural world and from ourselves.)
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws.
Praise the LORD.
(62. Thank you, Lord…that I have heard your Word! 63. Thank you for the saints who went before us, who risked (and lost!) their lives to bring your word to us. 64. Thank you for the men and women in my life who have had the courage to share your Word with me!)